Keto is a low carb diet as we know eating high carbs our body produce glucose and insulin. Glucose use as the energy source and insulin process the glucose in our bloodstream. Since we using glucose as the main source of energy, the fats we intake are not needed and are therefore stored. By reducing the intake of carbohydrate we allow our body into a state called Ketosis.
When the food intake is low we produce Ketones to help us survive by breaking down the fats in the liver. This natural process is called Ketosis.
Benefits of a Ketogenic Diet.
- Weight loss
- Mental focus
- Control Blood sugar
- control cholesterol and blood pressure
- Increase energy
- Insulin resistance
What to eat Keto
- Fish, beef, lamb, poultry, eggs, etc.
- Spinach, kale, etc.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Hard cheeses, high fat cream, butter, etc.
- Macadamias, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Avocado, raspberries, blackberries
- Fats – coconut oil, high-fat salad dressing, saturated fats, etc.
Here are some other sources that you can perfect your Keto Diet.